It’s Monday so this means we’re back for another rendition of “What’s Maevey going to attempt to cook at her house this week?”(heh!).
It’s even less impressive than prior weeks.
- Tonight we are having Chicken Caesar Salads (we ended up not having them last week)
- Tuesday – Girls are at their Dad’s and I’m making these Garlicky Smothered White Beans on Toast (but I’m adding some pancetta or bacon as well)
- Wednesday – Chili & Els’ Cornmeal Biscuits
- Thursday – Steak Skewers with Arugula Salad
- Friday – everybody has plans, so no menu
Weekend – our weekends are hugely busy; I might make short ribs on Saturday (maybe – they’re easy, but you kind of have to check on them periodically); There’s a Roasted Cauliflower Carbonara with Burrata over at Love and Olive Oil which I’m dying to try, so maybe that. Then out on Food52 I saw a great recipe for scallion pancakes and it occurred that this would be with a stir-fry. Anyway, I’m not sweating any of it. There is food in the house (most of it reasonably healthy) so nobody will starve.
This past weekend was sort of lazy for me. Didn’t get a ton of things accomplished, but I work up this morning finally feeling like my head was clear. Maybe I needed the downtime.
I’m going to try and publish a book post later on this week, but for right now, this is all I’ve got.
So, what’s cooking at your place?